1. Personal information collected
We collect information:
- When you register an account to become a Beautifinder user (“User”), such as your name, e-mail, employer, and a password.
- When you view and interact with Beautifinder pages, features, and functionality, including Beautifinder the URLs of sites from which you arrive or leave the Beautifinder website, or sites that have embedded Beautifinder platform technology.
- Through cookies and other technologies that allow us to recognize you, customize your experience, and serve advertisements both on and off Beautifinder. Learn more about cookies, beacons in Sections 1E and 1F, below. You can opt-out of advertising.
- When you interact with third party services available through Beautifinder like surveys, polls or other third party research undertaken with your consent.
2. Uses of personal information
We use the information you provide to:
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users, or provide your personal details to third parties offering combined services withBeautifinder;
- Administer your account with us and customize the service we provide to you and other Users; and to
- Send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the Beautifinder website. You can control your messaging preferences here.
- Connect you to opportunities by enabling clients and other professionals to find you on Beautifinder.
- Create and distribute advertising relevant to your or your network’s Beautifinder experience. If you share your interactions on Beautifinder
3. Your Information Choices
- Review, or edit your personal information through your personal profile page;
- Control whether Beautifinder uses your name and profile photo in social ads; and
- Tell us to close your Beautifinder account.
4. Your obligations to other Users.
- Personal information you provide will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology. Since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Beautifinder. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
6. How to contact us
If you have questions or comments please send them to us here or contact us at:
1442 Crespi Drive
Oxnard, California 93033
We created a Website for Cosmetologist and their clients. This site provides a way to keep your clients and potentially new clients updated with information where they will always find you. In an industry where cosmetologists move from Salon to Salon, as a cosmetologist, feel secure that your clients will always find you at Beautifinder.com. By joining you are provided a profile page where you have control of the information you want your clients to know and how to contact you. In your profile page you can show what you specialize in. There is also provided, a link to show your portfolio to new potential clients. Beautifinder.com will offer you the opportunity of knowing that you will never lose contact with clients again.
Here are the three main types of information on Beautifinder:
Information about yourself that you share. This is the information that youshow to let your clients and potential new clients, other professionals, and companies and businesses see about you. This includes your profile and your portfolio (and will show others when you visited their profiles). You have control over what you share, and you can update information at any time.
These actions and information are private and we don't share or distribute them to others on the website.
Of course, maintaining your trust is our top concern, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We do not rent, sell, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this policy or as required by law.
- We do not share any information you have not chosen to display on your Beautifinder profile to other parties, unless compelled by law, or as necessary to enforce our User Agreement or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Beautifinder, its Users, and the public.
- All information that you provide will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology.
Please read this policy and send us questions, concerns and suggestions here.
- Information collected by Beautifinder.
- How Beautifinder uses your information.
- Your information choices.
- Your obligations as a User.
- How to contact us.
1. Information Collected
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- order to become a User, you must provide us the following information to create an account: name, email address, and password. Without this minimal amount of information, you cannot create a Beautifinder account. Like other passwords, you should choose one that is known only by you. Beautifinder requests other information from you during the registration process, (e.g., , location, etc.) that Beautifinder uses to provide better, more customized services such as language-specific profile pages and updates, better ads, and more valuable opportunities. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on Beautifinder, you allow others, including Beautifinder, to identify you and to allow Beautifinder to use your information in accordance with our User Agreement.
B. Profile Information
C. Customer Service
We collect information when you interact with Beautifinderin order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
D. Using the Beautifinder’s Site and Applications
In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the Services to our Users, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g., your industry or geography, career field, or information about your professional or educational background) for the enhancement of your user experience by providing more relevant advertising. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Beautifinder does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
F. Advertising and Web Beacons
To support the Services we provide at no cost to our Users, as well as provide a more relevant and useful experience for our Users, we target and serve our own ads and third-party ads both on and off the site using ad networks. Ad networks include third party ad servers, vendors.
We target ads to Users based on general profile categories (or on non-personally identifiable information inferred from a User’s profile (e.g., industry,in addition to a User’s use of Beautifinder or their clicking on Beautifinder ad inventory. Beautifinder does not provide personally identifiable information to any third party ad network.
- use ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, anonymous ad network tags, and cookies to more effectively serve ads to our Users on and off Beautifinder through ad networks, as well as to collect anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for advertisers. Because your web browser requests advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, these networks can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
You may opt-out of ads served to you off Beautifinder here, by turning off “Advertising Preferences.” If you opt-out you may lose certain functionality of the Beautifinder Services, as well as the potential benefit of receiving ads that are targeted to your interests which, in turn, may limit your ability to fully realize the benefits of the Beautifinder Services to build and leverage your professional network.
G. Log files, IP Addresses and information about your computer and mobile device
- to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the Beautifinder website we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave Beautifinder. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on Beautifinder. Beautifinder also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your UDID) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing Beautifinder using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. Beautifinder may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled. Also, as described above in Sections 1.E. and 1.F., Beautifinder receives information when you access web pages containing Beautifinder interactive plugins, such as “Share on Beautifinder” or “Apply with Beautifinder” functionality. You can control the collection and use of this information here. The link between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described in Section 2.L (“Compliance with Legal Process”), below.
H. Rights to Access, Correct and Eliminate Information About You
You have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to Beautifinder. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting Beautifinder customer service. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note, however that information you have shared with others, or that other Users have copied, may also remain visible even if you request its deletion.
I. Data Retention
Beautifinder will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, except in the case of our professional plugin impression data, which we de-identify after 12 months. If you wish to close your account, you may do so here. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
2. Uses of personal information
A. Consent to Beautifinder Processing Information About You
B. Beautifinder Communications
As described in the User Agreement, we will communicate with you through email, notices posted on the Beautifinder website, messages to your Beautifinder inbox, or through other means available through the service, including mobile text messages. We may send you a series of emails that help inform new Users about the features of the Services, and we will also send you service messages relating to the functioning of the Services. We may also send you messages with promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners, unless you have opted out of receiving promotional information.
You can change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your settings related to your email notification choices. If you wish, you can also opt-out of receiving promotional emails by sending a request to Beautifinder customer service through our customer service site.
Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from Beautifinder. Also, if we send communications to you via the carrier service with which you have a mobile communications subscription or otherwise have access, you understand you will pay any service fees associated with your receipt of messages on your mobile device (including text messaging charges).
C. User Communications
Many communications you initiate through Beautifinder will be posted through your profile page to be viewed and your primary email address and name will be listed in the profile. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your profile but will not list the people to whom you ’re directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the Beautifinder website, will list your name and will include your email address that you provide to the website and contact information. Your contact information will be shared with another Users and the public who view your profileby posting your contact information you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with viewers.
D. Customized Content
- use information you provide to us (or to third parties with whom Beautifinder offers combined services) to customize your experience on our website.
E. Sharing Information with Third Parties
Beautifinder takes the privacy of our Users very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as described in this policy. We will also not share other personal information not published to your profile or generated through engagement with other Beautifinder services without your explicit consent or to carry out your instructions unless, disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to: (1) comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a User, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Beautifinder, our Users or the public.
Content distributed through Beautifinder’s sharing features and third party integrations may result in displaying some of your information outside of Beautifinder. For example, when you post content that is open for public discussion, your content, including your name as the contributor, may be displayed in search engine results. Or, if you have bound your Beautifinder account to your Twitter account, you can easily share content into both Beautifinder as well as to Twitter.
We may provide aggregated anonymous data about the usage of the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on Beautifinder.
We offer search services to help find information and learn more about other Users (for example, you can search for Users with particular expertise or consulting experience, or that you may know from your industry or profession). Beautifinderallows Users to findhairstylist, make-up artist, esthetician ’s, manicurist,Salons. We use information from User profiles to inform and refine our search service.
G. Answers, Groups, and other Services
If you post on the message section of Beautifinder, or import a blog, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there can be read, collected, or used by other Users of these forums, as well as Platform Developers and other third parties, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Beautifinder is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums. Also, some content in Beautifinder may be public and searchable on the internet if the profile owner has opened the message for public discussions. You can delete your posts to messages at any time. However, please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other Users, and Beautifinder cannot guarantee that other Users have not made copies of or use the ideas and information that you share with others on Beautifinder.
H. Testimonials and Advertisements Placed through Beautifinder Ads Service
I. Advertising and Endorsements on Beautifinder
In order to deliver relevant and valuable ads to you and your network, Beautifinder may use your name and profile photo in connection with social advertising based on content shared on Beautifinder. This advertising may include the fact that you have recommended or endorsed a product or service on Beautifinder, followed a company or Salon, joined Groups or conversations, established or added content to your profile, etc., and will only be displayed to your Beautifinder network. You can opt-out of allowing your name and/or profile photo to be used in social ads here.
J. Compliance with Legal Process
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information and/or information about your activities as a Beautifinder User when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if Beautifinder has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to enforce the User Agreement, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Beautifinder, our Users, employees, or others.
K. Disclosures to Others as the Result of a Change in Control or Sale of Beautifinder LLC.
We may also disclose your personal information and other information you provide to another third party as part of a sale of the assets of Beautifinder LLC, or as the result of a change in control of the company. Any third party to which Beautifinder transfers or sells Beautifinder’ s assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
3. Your Information Choices
A. Accessing and Changing Your Account Information
You can review the personal information you provided to us and make any desired changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your Beautifinder account including your email and contact preferences, at any time by logging in to your account on the Beautifinder website. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, Beautifinder may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
B. Default Settings
Because the mission of Beautifinder is to connect the world’s professional Cosmetologists to enable them to become more productive and successful, we have established what we believe to be reasonable default settings that we have found most professionals desire. Because Users may use and interact with Beautifinder in a variety of ways, and because those uses may change over time, we designed our settings to provide our users granular control over the information they share. We encourage our Users to review their account settings and adjust them in accordance with their preferences.
Beautifinder accounts are also defaulted to allow Users to be contacted to participate in polls, surveys and partner advertising. Click here to change these settings.
C. Closing Your Account
You can close your account through the Beautifinder customer service site. If you close your Beautifinder account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if Beautifinder believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. Beautifinder may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other Users. For example, just as an email you may send to another person through an email service provider resides in that person’s inbox even after you delete it from your sent files or close your account, emails or InMails you send on Beautifinder to other Users, as well as your contributions to Beautifindermessages, may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, other information you have shared with others, or that other Users have copied, may also remain visible. Beautifinder disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. Beautifiner does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information that has since been removed from Beautifinder’s publicly viewable database.
D. Memorializing Accounts
If we learn that a User is deceased, we may memorialize the User’s account. In these cases we may restrict profile access, remove messaging functionality, and close an account if we receive a formal request from the User’s next of kin or other proper legal request to do so.
4. Your Obligations
- a User, you have certain obligations to other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members such as Beautifinder:
- You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of Beautifinder and its community of Users.
- You must not provide to Beautifinder and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
- You must keep your username and password confidential and not share it with others.
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of Beautifinder.
5. Important information
A. Children and Minors
Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our service.
Please note that by becoming a User, you have given us your express and informed consent to transfer the data that you provide to us to the United States and to process it in the United States.
To lodge a complaint, you must include the following information: the name of the company, the alleged privacy violation, your contact information, and whether you would like the particulars of your complaint shared with the company. The complaint resolution process shall be conducted in English, regardless of your country of residence.
Please understand that the program only covers information collected through the website www.Beautifinder.com
Using the Beautifinder Services after a notice of changes has been sent to you or published on our site shall constitute consent to the changed terms or practices.
In order to help secure your personal information, access to your data on Beautifinder is password-protected, and sensitive data exchanged between your web browser and the Beautifinder website. To protect any data you store on our servers, Beautifinder also regularly audits its system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Beautifinder. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Users of Beautifinder are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
How to contact us
Mail: 1442 Crespi Drive Oxnard, California 93033